My top 5 confetti tips
Your wedding day is one of life's most notable and memorable events. You want everything to be perfect, from the venue to the decorations, the food, and the confetti. Confetti is an essential part of any wedding celebration, and it can add a touch of magic and whimsy to your photos. There are many different types of confetti to choose from in London, and selecting the right one is essential to make your wedding photos stand out.
Here are some tips on selecting the right confetti for your wedding, whether it's in a city like London or outside in the New Forest:
- Consider the colour scheme: The first thing to consider when selecting confetti is the colour scheme of your wedding. You want the confetti to complement the overall theme and colour scheme of your wedding. If you have a classic white wedding, you may want to opt for white or silver confetti. You can choose bright and bold-coloured confetti if you have a more colourful and vibrant wedding.
- Think about the confetti type: Confetti is a fun and festive way to celebrate any occasion. There are many different types of confetti to choose from, including biodegradable paper confetti and dried petals, which are also biodegradable. Other options include metallic foil confetti, which adds a touch of glamour, and confetti made from seed paper, which can be planted after the festivities. Regardless of the type of confetti you choose, it is essential to dispose of it responsibly to minimize its environmental impact.
- Consider the size of the confetti: The confetti can also make a difference in your photos. More giant confetti can create a more dramatic effect and add depth to your photos, while smaller confetti can create a softer, more subtle effect. You can also mix different sizes of confetti to create a unique look.
- Test the confetti: Before selecting confetti, it's a good idea to test it out. Take a handful of confetti and throw it in the air to see how it falls and looks in your photos. This will give you a better idea of how the confetti will look in your wedding photos.
- Consider the venue: The venue where you will be taking your wedding photos can also affect the type of confetti you choose. If you're taking pictures outdoors, avoid using too lightweight confetti, as it may blow away in the wind. If you're taking photos indoors, avoid using too heavy or metallic confetti, as it may cause damage or be difficult to clean up.
Alternative confetti Ideas:
If you're searching for creative substitutes for classic confetti for your photos, a few options can produce breathtaking visual effects. For instance, a bubble machine can create a magical atmosphere with beautiful bokeh in your photos, which is perfect for kids. Alternatively, scattering flower petals can add a soft and romantic touch with natural beauty, providing another lovely alternative.
Recommended Confetti Suppliers in London:
As a Wedding Photographer in London, I've had the pleasure of working with some fantastic confetti suppliers who offer a wide range of high-quality confetti options. Here are my top three recommendations:
- Your Confetti - Your Confetti offers many options, from biodegradable to heart and circle-shaped confetti. They also provide a range of confetti cannons and accessories to help you create the perfect confetti moment on your wedding day. Use the discount code YCHANNAHB to receive 15% off your confetti order.
- Proper Confetti - Proper Confetti is a small, family-run business that offers a range of biodegradable confetti options. They also provide a bespoke confetti service, where you can create a unique confetti mix to match your wedding theme.
- Flutter Darlings - Flutter Darlings offer a range of beautiful, eco-friendly confetti options, including dried flower petals and biodegradable confetti. They also provide a range of confetti packages, including confetti cones and confetti pops.
In conclusion, selecting the right confetti for your wedding in London is essential to creating stunning, memorable photos. Whether you choose traditional confetti, alternative options, or both, choosing high-quality, sustainable confetti from reputable suppliers like Your Confetti, Proper Confetti, and Flutter Darlings is essential. As a Wedding Photographer in London, I highly recommend these suppliers for their exceptional service and beautiful confetti options.
A little about Hannah Bain, London Wedding Photographer
I'm Hannah, a London-based wedding photographer. I live in South East London with my husband, our son, Isaac, and our small terrier, Edith. I've photographed many weddings across London, including Marylebone Town Hall, Islington Town Hall, Brixton, Shoreditch studios, and other venues.
If you are thinking about having a wedding in Shoreditch and are looking for a wedding photographer, then feel free to send an enquiry or message me on Instagram. I love getting to know new couples and especially love hearing more about your engagement and wedding day plans. I'm a big romantic at heart.
Let's start chatting about you wedding